Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ok, the iPod shuffle game. As Nate proposed. I have 6,589 songs currently living in my ipod. Let's see what comes alive!

1. A Tchaikovsky piano adagio played by Artur Rubenstein.
What can i say? I am a snob now. Although this track did come off some random Rubenstein anthology, so it is so stripped of its original context. So I am a faker too. Next track:

2. A Night In Tunisia: Miles Davis
Man, so far I look way cultured. This is a good one too: Got this crazy bass opening and really cool percussion. A definite toe-tapper. I think this is from the Blue Note period, which if I remember the story correctly, Miles had signed on for a several-album contract. Then Columbia offered him a bigger deal, and to fulfill his contract with Blue Note, he did a slew of albums in a row. Just cranked them out to get to the big money. Next:

3. Juanita. By the Flying Burrito Brothers.
Honestly, I don't think I have ever listened to this song before. I got it from my brother. It's country. And I just can't get into. Skip ahead:

4. Maybe After All by the Trembling Blue Stars.
Not my favorite song, but I like the album (Alive to Every Smile). They're British and upset about some girl. Good sappy relationshipy songs and a great full sound. Kind of like the Doves, I guess. Ok, now this song is just depressing. Let's see our finale:

5. Here's to You by Joan Baez (off the Life Aquatic Soundtrack).
Oh, this song is awesome. "Here's to you Nicola and Bart/Rest forever here in our hearts/The last and final moment is yours/That agony is your triumph" A song about Sacco and Vanzetti, so at least it makes me look political. This song does give me chills. And its not a bad soundtrack either.

That was fun. I can't beleive Belle and Sabastian didn't come up. What did others get:

Foornote: The 6th Song to come up was Kick Out the Jams by the MC5, which still makes me want to break things (starting with The Man).

1 Comments:

Blogger chad said...

that is sweet. I was going to one last night, but i didn't get too. soon comrades. I am thinking of using this technique to make mixes for friends

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home