Friday, April 23, 2004

Nate, I know what you mean about the lower case stuff. I was suspicious, too, and I think that aspect of Loncar's work is ridiculous. And I don't really see the similarity to Nikki Giovanni since she and Loncar draw from such different cultures with the big-top of American pop culture. Loncar's stuff is edgy, funny and poignant, which is what I really like about it.

I have to admit, I was not a fan of Eternal Sunshine, perhaps because I had difficulty identifying with most of the characters most of the time. It seemed somewhat mean-spirited; humanity doesn't come out to well in this one, but then again it never does in Charlie Kaufman movies. It was visually beautiful, though; I was stunned, moved and captivated by the visuals. Especially anything involving a book, for some reason. I'd give Human Nature a chance, but I'm wary (and weary) of Charlie Kaufman at this point. I really wanted to like it, and I definitely appreciate the artistry of it, but in the end Eternal Sunshine is not a movie I'd like to see again.

Chad, that's a hell of a poem. Very, very good.

Also, I'm going to be the Official Poet of the Evening at a benefit for the Reverie Theater Company on Wednesday, April 28, 7 pm. Any Chicagoans interested? If so, I'll check the cost and exact address and get back to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home